Adult Ballet Coaching
We provide personalised ballet coaching to adults of all ages and fitness levels.
The benefits of adult ballet are numerous, and may include enhancements to your:
- Better circulation, promoting proper and efficient function of your lungs, heart and muscles
- Improved strength and flexibility, benefitting posture, gait, mobility and overall physical function
- Reduced stiffness and pain, such as sciatica, back pain and injuries
- Healthier movement patterns carry over into everyday activities such as walking, sitting, driving etc.
- Exercise such as ballet releases mood-boosting chemicals like endorphins and serotonin.
- It gets you out in the world, connecting you with others and reducing loneliness or isolation
- Regular exercise can reduce stress, depression and anxiety.
- Pump blood to the brain, heightening mental alertness and improving learning and memory.
- Strengthens the connections between neurons, protecting your brain against injury and disease.
- Improves your sleep
- Awaken your artistic side through the enjoyment of dancing to classical music
- Discover a new passion or re-ignite an old one
- Continue to learn and grow no matter what your age – you are only as old as you feel!
- Make new social connections
- Invest in yourself through continuous growth and engaging in valuable “me” time with a multitude of health benefits
Adult ballet coaching is suitable for:
- Complete beginners through to experienced dancers – regardless of fitness
- Dancers of other styles such as jazz, modern, contemporary, ballroom, folk dance, Argentine tango, swing, Irish dance, salsa etc.
- Those looking to reduce the impact of ageing, disease or health conditions
“I trained with Kate for several years. Her attention to detail, emphasis on technique, and dedication are second to none. Kate’s track record in helping students to achieve amazing results speaks for itself. If you want to learn from the best classical ballet teacher in Melbourne, see Kate.
– Michaela, adult ballet student.