About – Youth Ballet Studio
Developing Dancers Melbourne (DDM) is a new ballet coaching service, providing dedicated and talented classical ballet students ages eight to pre-professional with the personalised care and guidance to flourish in their chosen art form.
Kate Reilly, who personally teaches all sessions from our boutique Windsor studio and online, aims to empower young dancers from Melbourne and beyond with the knowledge and support to achieve their goals in dance – and in life! We specialising in ballet exam preparation (Australian Conservatoire of Ballet), classical technique, pre-pointe and pointe work, floor barre, Pilates, limber, musicality and national character dance. Our personalised ballet coaching compliments (but does not replace) a dancer’s core curriculum at their chosen ballet school. School holiday workshops consisting of classical ballet classes grounded in the Russian Vaganova methodology operate periodically and give like-minded dancers a chance to work together in a small group to extend their skills.
What we offer
- Private tuition in the Russian Vaganova method (on-site or online)
- Examination preparation – Australian Conservatoire of Ballet, International Character Dance Syllabus
- Comprehensive coaching programme – initial Dance Assessment and coaching curriculum – classical technique, pre-pointe, floor barre, limber, body conditioning, musicality, national character dance
- Vaganova school holiday intensives with like-minded dancers
- Access to independent, professional advice
- Possibility of ongoing mentorship from a caring, trusted professional.
Personalised ballet coaching is suitable for:
- Dancers preparing to audition for professional ballet schools
- Pre-professional students perfecting their skills
- Ballet exam candidates striving for excellence
- Late starters or injured ballet students, working to catch up to their classmates
- Gymnasts, ice skaters and ballroom dancers requiring ballet skills
- Athletes benefitting from cross-training to improve co-ordination, footwork, balance, flexibility, strength
- All children from age 8+ whose parents wish to provide them with solid foundations in classical ballet, or simply improve their health and wellbeing through movement training and exercise.
DDM warmly welcomes students across all levels with a passion for dance, and a drive to improve! You will find a wealth of information on this website, but feel free to reach out if you have further questions – we will respond as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours!
M : 0416 059 927
“She believed in me, even when I didn’t believe in myself… ”
– Former student, now a ballet teacher.